What is PAC?
The PAC is a group of the principal and elected members of the school, including 2 teachers and 4 parents. The PAC’s focus is the Continuous School Improvement Plan (CSIP) which involves initiatives for English, Math, Attendance, and Graduation.
What Do We Do?
We meet once a month throughout the school year and discuss action items to support student achievement, current activities related to the school and district, and community engagement. We establish specific goals each year to work towards that allow us to stay focused and productive. Established goals for the 2020-2021 school year are:
1. The PAC will increase parent, teacher, student and community participation in PAC's
initiatives and activities by the end of the 2020-21 school year as measured by at least
100 parents attending PAC meetings and other events throughout the year.
2. The PAC will increase parents' attendance at SWD academic and recreational
activities (e.g. Title I meetings, Parent Teacher Conference, PTSA meetings) as evidenced
by 20% increase in attendance from Fall 2020 to Spring 2021.
3. The PAC will increase parents' awareness of the CSIP and impact on the school budget
by the end of the 2019-20 school year.
The members of the Principal Advisory Council are accountable to the constituents they serve. The purpose of the Principal Advisory Council is to bring parents, school employees, students and community members together to create a better understanding of and mutual respect for each other’s perspectives and share ideas for increasing student achievement and performance.
- Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues;
- Act as a link between the school and the community;
- Encourage the engagement of parents and other stakeholders within the school community; and
- Work to increase student achievement and performance through transparent operations and shared best practices.
The Principal Advisory Council operates under the control and management of the DeKalb County School District and will follow Board of Education policies and procedures. The Principal Advisory Council provides advice and recommendations to the school principal, the local board of education and local school superintendent on matters related to school climate/culture, student achievement, and community partnerships.